Dear TLC Member,
On Wed, September 30 we will gather at 6:30 to take a look at the realities facing Trondhjem Lutheran Church.
Trondhjem is and has been for over 150 years a wonderful place where the gospel comes alive for so many people. It is our task today that this tradition continues. We need to come together in unity and prayer and ask for God’s help to give us discernment and conviction to rise to the challenges that confront us.
- We are blessed to gather at Trondhjem as God’s children.
- For the past several years we have been using reserve funds to make our mortgage payments.
- Over the next ten years we will be making payments for road assessment at around $13,000 per year.
- We have been blessed by members who have volunteered where cuts were made, including cleaning the church and leading music.
- Our giving has decreased and we are falling financially further behind.
- We are blessed to have unique demographics for a church, with many young families to serve and be served.
- We have building issues including the need to repair the roof which could cost in the area of $70,000. Some issues need to be addressed immediately and others that need to be prioritized.
- The call of a new Pastor will add significantly to our budget. Before we can in good faith, extend a call we need to assess our commitment to the ministry of Trondhjem.
Every voice needs to be heard and all options considered.
Come early and join us for dinner beginning at 5:45. Wednesday night education/confirmation classes are cancelled in an effort to allow teachers to attend this meeting. Story and Praise (age 3-3rd grade) will gather from 6-6:30.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!
God’s Grace and Blessings.
Trondhjem Lutheran Church
7525 Garfield Ave.
Lonsdale, MN 55046
Trondhjem: a community experiencing God’s word and growing deeper in His love.