Faith, Food & Fellowship!
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Fall Worship Schedule
9:15am Happy Hour
Rally Day Youth Expo
9:15-9:55 Sunday Funday! Preschool—5th grade: Meet in Sanctuary
9:30-9:45 Grades 3-12 Parent Meeting in Sanctuary
Rally Day BBQ, 11am-12:30pm
What to Bring:
-Bring a side dish or dessert to share!
-Lawn Chairs/Blanket, yard games
-Friends and Family interested in Trondhjem
Our Sunday Funday Sunday School begins September 11th with Rally Day!
Registration forms can be printed from here: (You can also register on Rally Day)
Rally Day Sunday: September 11th
9:15-10am Happy Hour
9:15-9:30am Sunday Funday Kids Storytime and Praise for ages 3 – 5th grade meet in multi purpose room
9:30-9:55am Meet the teachers/See the classrooms
9:30-9:45am Parent/Students Meeting for 3rd-12th grade: Find out all that’s happening for your child at TLC!
11:00am Rally Day BBQ—Please come!
5:45-6:45 Soup Supper
6:15-6:45 Stories & Praise (age 3-3rd grade) *Note time change
6:15-6:45 Bible Study/J-Walkers
6:30-7:00 Jr. J-Walkers
7:00-7:40 Holden Evening Prayer/Lenten Meditation; 6th – 10th grade student will attend with their class
Bible Study, Lenten Meditations and #TLCLent2016
- Bible study from 6:15-6:45. If you have never attended a bible study, this one is the perfect one for you! It will be a casual, short, relaxed look at God through our senses. We’d love to have our J-Walkers participate in this too!
- Each week (by Tuesday) post a picture to Trondhjem’s Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram reflecting the ways you sense God in your life through the senses. These posts will be put on power point to be used as mediation during the Holden Evening Prayers. Make sure to use #TLCLent2016
Dear TLC Member,
On Wed, September 30 we will gather at 6:30 to take a look at the realities facing Trondhjem Lutheran Church.
Trondhjem is and has been for over 150 years a wonderful place where the gospel comes alive for so many people. It is our task today that this tradition continues. We need to come together in unity and prayer and ask for God’s help to give us discernment and conviction to rise to the challenges that confront us.
- We are blessed to gather at Trondhjem as God’s children.
- For the past several years we have been using reserve funds to make our mortgage payments.
- Over the next ten years we will be making payments for road assessment at around $13,000 per year.
- We have been blessed by members who have volunteered where cuts were made, including cleaning the church and leading music.
- Our giving has decreased and we are falling financially further behind.
- We are blessed to have unique demographics for a church, with many young families to serve and be served.
- We have building issues including the need to repair the roof which could cost in the area of $70,000. Some issues need to be addressed immediately and others that need to be prioritized.
- The call of a new Pastor will add significantly to our budget. Before we can in good faith, extend a call we need to assess our commitment to the ministry of Trondhjem.
Every voice needs to be heard and all options considered.
Come early and join us for dinner beginning at 5:45. Wednesday night education/confirmation classes are cancelled in an effort to allow teachers to attend this meeting. Story and Praise (age 3-3rd grade) will gather from 6-6:30.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!
God’s Grace and Blessings.
Trondhjem Lutheran Church
7525 Garfield Ave.
Lonsdale, MN 55046
Trondhjem: a community experiencing God’s word and growing deeper in His love.
Please complete a registration form for each child attending and send it, along with any donation, to Trondhjem Church, 7525 Garfield Ave., Lonsdale, MN 55046 no later than JUNE 17th, 2015. Any questions regarding registration, or for additional forms, contact Kim Smisek at 744-2310.
This year’s event will be held Wednesday, June 24th thru Friday, June 26th at Trondhjem Lutheran Church. The times are as follows for Kindergarten through 5th Grade:
Wednesday, June 24th 9:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday, June 25th 9:00am – 3:00 pm
Friday, June 26th 9:00am – 12:00pm (Closing Program to follow)
PRESCHOOL PARENTS: Your Preschooler (age 4 or older) can attend the morning OR afternoon session:
Morning Session: Wed. & Thurs. 9:00am -11:30am; Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Afternoon Session: Wed. & Thurs. 12:30am – 3:00pm; Friday: arrive for program @ 11:30
On Friday, there will be a Closing Program at 12:00pm for all grades, including Preschool, followed by refreshments. Moms, dads, grandparents, siblings, neighbors and friends are all welcome!!!
There is no charge for VBS however the cost to the church for materials and supplies is about $18.00 per child (family cap of $50.00). A donation of any amount would be appreciated. Please make checks payable to Trondhjem Lutheran Church.
Any questions or if you would like to volunteer, please email the church office at email@example.com.
To 2nd graders and parents:
It’s a great thing in the church to welcome our second graders to the Lord ’s Table! We want our children to experience the same forgiveness and grace as the rest of our assembly. We are pleased to offer communion classes to these young people!
Here’s the schedule:
March 22 after the 10:00 worship (for students only)
March 29 after the 10:00 worship (for students and parents)
April 2, Maundy Thursday, 7:00 pm.
After becoming children of God in the sacrament of Holy Baptism, it’s important to realize that it is in the Sacrament of Holy Communion that they are nourished and sustained. Holy Communion is a very specific and very direct way through which the children of God are nurtured in the faith.
Welcome to the table, Second Graders!
Yours, Pastor Erik
Grab your flip flops and sailor hats and join us for 2014 VBS at
June 18th, 19th, and 20th
Come for a splashing good time!
We will have classes for preschool, and K-5. Our 6th graders will be able to participate as deck hands, guiding the kids from each station. Look for volunteer sign-up sheets to be posted soon. We will need volunteers for teachers, guides, music, skits, crafts and snacks.