Dear Trondhjem Faith Community,
Psalm 121:1-2 “I lift up my eyes to the hills – from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.”
Yesterday morning after worship our council, staff leaders and I met to talk about next steps in light of the evolving situation with the Corona Virus pandemic. We all reluctantly agreed that it is time to cancel all gatherings and meetings until this situation allows us to return to life together in person. This includes cancelling both Sunday and Wednesday worship, all faith formation activities and all small groups.
We are beginning work immediately to find other ways to connect. We are prioritizing and developing those opportunities in stages. Beginning this week, here’s how we will connect:
- In the Thursday email, you will find a link to a short “worship” video for you to watch at any time.
- For those without computer video or email capabilities, we will assemble a paper copy with similar worship materials that can be mailed.
- The following week (March 23) we will work on further community connections:
- We will look to provide online faith formation opportunities for children and youth.
- We will begin reading together the book Holy Envy: Finding God in other Faiths by Barbara Brown Taylor.
- We will then investigate other opportunities.
We will continually be re-evaluating and re-formulating our plans as needed. If you are in need of anything, please call or email the church office.We look to the Holy Spirit for our help and guidance in this and ask that you keep all your staff and leaders, as well as the Trondhjem faith community in your prayers as we keep all of you in ours.
Be in peace, Love God, Love your Neighbor,
Pastor Sue, Council and Staff